bonjour celine header

10.8.09

Norway

lace

Sølje earrings

Nav is back in town briefly, I was so excited to see her yesterday! We only had a short lunch, but knowing her busy schedule, I feel lucky to have had a private lunch with her! We ate sushi - her favourite.

She handed me a box wrapped in sparkly tissue paper. I opened it, and I squealed! Inside, were traditional Sølje Norwegian earrings! When I lived with Nav when we were in school together, I would always go in her room and look through her jewelry box. These earrings would always catch my eye! I asked her some years ago, if she ever goes back to Norway, could she pick me up a pair? And she remembered! I am wearing them today, Nav! Thank you!

Nav is going to do her masters of architecture in Norway this September. I wish her all the best! I am going to miss her, but it only means, I will have to visit her myself in Bergen. I looked up some images of Bergen.....it looks exactly how I imagined Norway would be!! Norway will be our next European adventure.


But before that, we must go to Asia to see my grandparents! So many places to go!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers. Beautiful earrings. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going back to Norge toooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you!

    Charlyn - when are you going back? you are going again? I haven't even BEEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travelling through the blogs of the Internet, through Sweden and UK, lead me to your blog --which made me want to keep clicking "older posts" until all of a sudden this familiar sight caught my eye.. Sølje earrings from Norway!

    Coincidentally I am Norwegian and I have been living in Toronto for 2 years now. I never usually leave traces of my "snooping" through blogs, but this time I had to.. I really like your blog, and your earrings obviously! I have some very similar ones (and some ancient brooches) to go with my national costume.

    So .. hello :)

    ReplyDelete