bonjour celine header

22.10.09

snap and tumble letterpress

Tanya's press











birthday card

Remember, I mentioned about a letterpress workshop I took with my friend, Mark? I am finally posting about it now.

We went over to
Tanya's home and she introduced us to her letterpress machine! I was so excited, because I have been looking for an opportunity to try letterpressing for awhile now! We made some beautiful cards, and Mark made business cards of MoFUN (Ministry of Fun!). I knew letterpressing would be accurate, but I was still so impressed at how crisp and precise each letter came out. I would love to have more opportunities to do this in the future. Thanks Tanya! You created the perfect workshop for people who are curious about the process, and have never touched a letterpress before.

The reason it took me so long to post this is because I took some film shots at the workshop, and it took me this long to finish the roll. My resolution for next year should be to take more film photos.

14 comments:

  1. so beautiful!! Wasn't it fun? I wish I could do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow celine! i'm glad you got to do this!!! the pictures are amazing. i hope you get to do more film photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. celine - your film shots are beauties (well worth the wait!). and no i'm not just saying that because it's of my studio ;) i'll keep you posted about a part II workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a really beautiful blog - and a new subscriber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh..great photos Celine!
    I especially love the first one... this blue is divine! I hope that I'll have the opportunity to try it myself one day.
    ***
    Oh, and I am ok, thanks for asking... ***

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so mesmerised by the whole process of letter-pressing! Wish I could've taken a part in doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a friend who had a letterpress. It's something I've always wanted to try. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun! I would like to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi celine. thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog the other day! i feel much better now ;)

    and yes i too went to a letterpress workshop a couple months ago in tokyo, it was a really cool experience. your film shots are great!!! i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww looks fun to do!!! invitations and greeting cards...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to try this out someday. I've been studying type for so long, but never used an old letterpress. I love the lettercollection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so fun! I am admittedly jealous. There is a class where I live, but it's a touch pricey :(

    ReplyDelete